Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Atomatron, Mobile Game Graphics

In the recent weeks, I have collaborated with AurynSky with his new mobile game named 'ATOMATRON'.

I offered to help out with the GUI (Graphic User Interface), since the original one he was using looked... mediocre/unappealing. I started designing and based it on the shape within the main world he used, which was triangles.

After a few revisions and color changes, AurynSky was happy with the look, and put them into the game. You can see the example icons I created below.


Final revision of the 'ATOMATRON' game icons and text logo.
Final revision of power and health icons, various others not used.

The final look of the game all-fits-together as it should, simplistic but appealing to the eye (as seen in the screen shot below).

The final 'look' of the mobile game 'ATOMATRON' by AurynSky

This was a nice little project to work on, so I thank AurynSky for allowing me to contribute to his work (which is my first GUI for a mobile game)... and something to add to my portfolio.

ATOMATRON a fun 'endless' mobile game to get addicted to, whilst you navigate each small world, collecting atomic power to level up whilst avoiding the asteroids that rotate around each world and ones that also impact from outside. What level can you get up to...?

You can also check out AurynSky's other games on the Google Play Store as well as the iOS Store (sorry, I don't have the link for iOS).

AurynSky is also an avid twitch.tv streamer where you can check out his game development work, whether live or via one of his vod's. Check him out at http://twitch.tv/aurynsky (you'll find me lurking in the background at times also).

Until next time...

-soul.