Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Arma 3, Stratis + EDEN Editor (Enhancements)

When BIS introduced EDEN 3D Editor (3DEN) for Arma 3 recently, I thought I'd jump at the opportunity to become creative in the 3D editor and add to the lacking map of Stratis for towns and bases.

The learning process of placing and manipulating objects was relatively easy due to the fact that I have used M3Editor in the past for creating within Arma 3 in a 3D environment (props to the author Maca134).

It didn't take me long to adjust to 3DEN, and get creating. Over the last month or so, in my spare time I have been designing and creating bases and towns on the map Stratis. I had the intentions of releasing it all for use within A3Wasteland (custom addition for a gaming community). I have recently approached AgentRev from A3Wasteland to offer what I have created to them to put any or all of what I have created into the 'stock' mission file (though I'm still yet to get a response at the time of this blog post).

As you can see from the screenshots of what I have created below... these are not just 'thrown together', as a lot of planning, thought and adjustments were made to make them appear as if they were 'stock/vanilla' map objects that BIS had designed.

Check out some of the screen shots below, or you can view the full album on imgur here.

 









If you have interest in using any or all of what I have created in your mission/mod for Arma 3 map Stratis, feel free to send me a private message on Twitter or Reddit.

In due time I have plans of releasing each created part (individually) or as a whole to either my blog as downloads or on the Steam Workshop... but no ETA for when that will be.

Creating these additions to the map Stratis is no easy feat, as they took quite a lot of time to create, and then fine-tune. Haven't checked out the 3DEN editor yet? Give it a go.

I will create more generic 'bases' in the future within the virtual environment, so I can then export to a script that can be run dynamically (relative positions) to place a base anywhere on a map, facing any direction (scripts already coded), so that any mission makers can easily run the command in their mission (init.sqf or manually) and the base(s) will appear before them.

Anyway... just thought I'd show what I have been upto within the Arma 3 EDEN editor since it's launch.

-soul.