Monday, April 04, 2016

Ace12, Twitch Channel Banner Graphics

Another quick post to show some graphics that I whipped up for an Arma 3 streamer who I have known for quite a while now... his nick name is Ace12, you can catch him on twitch here. Ace12 is from the USA and is an avid gamer of Arma 3, and mission/mod Battle Royale... as well as various other games. Check out his twitch channel to see his game play in action and my graphic banners in their glory.

Whilst watching Ace12's stream lately, I found that the banner graphics on his twitch stream were generic and mediocre, and didn't really fit the theme of his logo. At the time, I was feeling a lil' creative so I loaded up Photoshop, grabbed Ace12's logo (not sure who created the logo) and started creating something (better?).

Ace12 twitch channel logo

The banner dimensions were taken from the previous generic banners from his page, which then I created something to fit the theme of his channel, to have a proper theme throughout so nothing looked out of place, and kept things neat and small at the same time.

These are the banners I created below...


The banners took me all of 15 minutes to whip up (I'm getting better/quicker since restarting my graphics). I set up a custom template, then color picked the logo and threw some borders up with background masking for the pattern and fade, then chose a mono spaced font (fixed width) to type it all out with... made sure it was decently centered and saved them all out to png files.

At the time, Ace12 did not know about what I was doing in the background until I sent him a direct message with a link to see/grab all the new banners. He was appreciative of what I had done, liked them and proceeded to use them, so I was pleased.

Another set of free graphic done by yours truly, soul. ;P

P.S. Yup, I'm still around... just not coding much at the moment (but I will proceed to... sometime).

-soul.